At Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, we understand that we have the opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives every day. We are dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality of personalized and efficient care. To obtain this goal we have put together a team of energetic, hard-working and caring staff members who look forward to serving our patients. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume.
RN/LPN/MA (Full Time Position)
We are seeking a talented individual who can provide patient focused care in a fast paced, multi-provider clinic. Candidates must be able to support team work, work well under pressure, and provide a high level of medical care to our patients. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits.
- Room patients and prepare them for examination by physician.
- Prepare for and assist physician with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments.
- Triage patient phone calls and answers patient questions regarding ailment, appointments and tests.
- Schedule follow-up appointments, tests, and surgical procedures for patients.
- Complete patient disability forms and other necessary paperwork.
- Adhere to infection control/safety guidelines, maintain equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA Guidelines.
- Assist physicians with recording patient progress notes, issues, diagnostic orders, and transcribing orders.
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and any reaction to drugs or treatment to physician.
- Prepare exam rooms for use, monitoring supplies, sanitizing exam table and equipment between uses.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the organizations policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace, and confidentiality methods
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data
- Ability to properly interact with patients, families, physicians, staff, and others
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands
Experience and Education:
- 2 years’ experience in Orthopedics or in a hospital setting is preferred
- CPR and BLS Certified
- Valid licensure
**Please include desired salary range along with resume when applying**
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Full Time Position)
As a front desk representative you serve on the front-line of patient experience. You get patients in the door by scheduling and coordinating patient appointments and facilitating a smooth check-in process when they arrive.
The ideal candidate will be a committed team player, possess excellent interpersonal skill as this position will be in constant communication with patients and clinic staff in person, over the phone, and in writing.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are able to perform a diverse set of job duties and have experience working in a medical office and meet the requirements below, apply today to join the Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Book, coordinate, and reschedule patient appointments. Relay necessary messages to staff.
- Greet and register patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Verify patient demographic and insurance information and update in medical record as needed.
- Maintain and update current information on physician’s schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly.
- Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages and provide information.
- Answer questions regarding patient appointments.
- Oversee waiting area, coordinate patient movement, report problems and irregularities.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA Guidelines.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Desired knowledge, skills and/or other abilities
- Knowledge of clinic operating policies
- Ability to effectively examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to prepare records with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team-player mentality and a willingness to provide support for co-workers
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task while working in a fast pace environment
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of one year experience in a medical office setting preferred.