At Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, we understand that we have the opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives every day. We are dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality of personalized and efficient care. To obtain this goal we have put together a team of energetic, hard-working and caring staff members who look forward to serving our patients. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Front Desk Medical Supervisor (Full Time Position)
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for supervising Front Desk activities for our practice. This position oversees our group of medical staff that helps patients and other visitors.
The Front Desk Supervisor ensures the front office keeps accurate records of incoming patients and ensures the provision of excellent customer service. This position will facilitate training and act as a mentor to team members on how to respond to patients and capture relevant clinic information.
The Front Desk supervisor is also responsible for all regular Front Desk duties to ensure a full understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the front office team (reception/scheduling functions, greeting and registering patients, cashiering and directing patients/visitors).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with recruitment, retention and evaluation of Front Desk Staff.
- Develops and maintains training protocols relating to front office duties.
- Supervises the work of Front Desk employees to ensure adherence to quality standards and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems as they arise.
- Meets with Billing Supervisor regarding patient billing, insurance, and any other relevant information.
- Provides guidance to staff on handling difficult problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Resolves patient complaints and answers patient questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Communicates with outside facilities/referring clinics as needed.
- Oversees waiting area, coordinates patient movement, reports problems and irregularities.
- Responsible for conflict resolution.
- Creates and/or approves employee work hour schedules.
- Organizes and conducts Front Desk department staff meetings.
- Books, coordinates and reschedule patient appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Verifies patient demographic and insurance information; updates in medical record as needed.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician’s schedules, ensuring patients are scheduled properly.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs related work as required.
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Prior supervisor experience (Preferred)
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Full Time Position)
As a front desk representative you serve on the front-line of patient experience. You get patients in the door by scheduling and coordinating patient appointments and facilitating a smooth check-in process when they arrive.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are able to perform a diverse set of job duties and have experience working in a medical office and meet the requirements below, apply today to join the Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Book, coordinate, and reschedule patient appointments. Relay necessary messages to staff.
- Greet and register patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Verify patient demographic and insurance information and update in medical record as needed.
- Maintain and update current information on physician’s schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly.
- Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages and provide information.
- Answer questions regarding patient appointments.
- Oversee waiting area, coordinate patient movement, report problems and irregularities.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA Guidelines.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Desired knowledge, skills and/or other abilities
- Knowledge of clinic operating policies
- Ability to effectively examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to prepare records with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team-player mentality and a willingness to provide support for co-workers
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task while working in a fast pace environment
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of one year experience in a medical office setting preferred.