At Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, we understand that we have the opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives every day. We are dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality of personalized and efficient care. To obtain this goal we have put together a team of energetic, hard-working and caring staff members who look forward to serving our patients. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume.
RN / LPN / CMA / ATC (Full Time Position)
We are seeking a talented individual who can provide patient focused care in a fast paced, multi-provider clinic. Candidates must be able to support team work, work well under pressure, and provide a high level of medical care to our patients. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits.
- Room patients and prepare them for examination by physician.
- Prepare for and assist physician with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments.
- Triage patient phone calls and answers patient questions regarding ailment, appointments and tests.
- Schedule follow-up appointments, tests, and surgical procedures for patients.
- Complete patient disability forms and other necessary paperwork.
- Adhere to infection control/safety guidelines, maintain equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA Guidelines.
- Assist physicians with recording patient progress notes, issues, diagnostic orders, and transcribing orders.
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and any reaction to drugs or treatment to physician.
- Prepare exam rooms for use, monitoring supplies, sanitizing exam table and equipment between uses.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the organizations policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace, and confidentiality methods
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data
- Ability to properly interact with patients, families, physicians, staff, and others
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands
Experience and Education:
- 2 years’ experience in Orthopedics or in a hospital setting is preferred
- CPR and BLS Certified
- Valid licensureWe are
Medical Coder/Biller (Full Time Position)
We are seeking a highly-motivated, organized individual to work in a fast-paced orthopedic clinic. The ideal candidate will have experience in surgical coding and insurance billing.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-10, CPT, and modifier codes to surgical procedures and fracture care
- Review op reports and turns text into coding or transfers codes directly from op reports
- Enters and reviews for accuracy charge information into EMR
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper
- Identifies and resolves errors with coding and insurance billing to ensure proper codes were submitted; as well as file reconsiderations/corrected claims/appeal letters, if needed in order to receive proper reimbursement
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone or mail
- Reviews accounts for possible collection assignment and prepares information for the collection agency
- Responsible for identifying and applying modifiers to surgical procedures for PQRS/MIPS reporting
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant coding/billing changes as they become effective, research all information needed, and assist in implementing them
- Answers questions from patients, clinical, billing staff and insurance companies
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA Guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques and procedure; and anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of official coding rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of procedural codes
- Knowledge of billing practices and clinic policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to research and resolve a wide variety of problems
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written with clinical and non-clinical staff as well as the public
Experience and Education
- Medical Coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required/Associate’s degree preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a health care organization, and surgical coding/insurance billing is required.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification preferred.